Friday, March 30, 2012

Q.   I've been with my boyfriend for two years and we recently moved in together.  I love him, but I'm concerned about his relationship with his mum.  They're very close and affectionate, which makes me feel uncomfortable.  She calls him all the time, including before he goes to bed to wish him goodnight.  I don't know what to do.


A.   Unless his mum is interfering with your relationship, you should try to accept their close bond.  What's more important is how he behaves with you.  If he's not making you feel special, then this is a problem made worse by him being more affectionate with his mum than you.  It may be worth explaining to him what you want from this relationship and hopefully he can put this into effect.  Focus on your wants and needs, rather than how you feel about his mum.



No comments:

Post a Comment