Sunday, March 11, 2012

Q.   I've been seeing a bloke for a couple of months, but I feel as though he's only in it for the sex.  I don't hear from him for days, then he texts at 3am asking me to go round to his because he 'misses me'.  The thing is, I really like him.  Can I turn this into a proper relationship, or is it too late? 


A.   Unfortunately, there are a lot of girls out there who'll be able to sympathise with your situation.  My advice is to confront this man now.  Explain that you're beginning to fall for him and you need to know if he feels the same, or is it really just about the sex.  It may seem daunting, but you deserve the truth.  Quite simply, no one has the right to treat you this way - as an afterthought when they're lonely.  You need to be with someone who wants you for the right reasons, so be brave.  It's best finding out now before your feelings become too intense.  He may not realise his behaviour is making you think he's only interested in sex.  If this is the case, then there may be hope for the relationship.  However, if he doesn't want anything serious, as hard as it might be, at least you'll know the truth.  You'll be able to move on and find someone who is actually worthy of your feelings instead. 



No comments:

Post a Comment