Friday, April 6, 2012

Q. I found some intimate pictures of my man's ex. They've made me feel horrible. Her labia were perfectly shaved and neat; I'm hairy and misshapen (my 'inners' are more out than in). My boyfriend says I'm being ridiculous but I can't help it - he must be disgusted by mine after hers.


A.   Stop that - right now!!  Repeat after me, 'I'm not misshapen, I'm differently shaped'.  Assuming you're not a part-time gynaecologist, you probably don't get up close and personal to other women's vaginas.  But if you did, you'd know that they're as varied and unique as our faces.  As for your boyfriend, he should be begging for your forgiveness for being so careless - then bending over backwards to repair the damage.  I wonder if he'd think his feelings were 'ridiculous' if he found you'd kept a photo of your ex's bigger penis?  But I'm glad he's trying to reassure you.  Feeling disgust about your own body is upsetting and will ruin your sex life if you let it.  See this as you would any other physical insecurity and make the best of what you have.  Treat yourself to a bikini wax and some beautiful new undies.



No comments:

Post a Comment