Sunday, November 15, 2009

Q. I love my boyfriend so much. We're perfect in every way, until it comes to sex. Whenever he touches me or even looks at me sexily, I cringe. I force myself to have sex with him because I feel so guilty. We talk and he tries so hard but nothing changes.

A. The Beatles sang All You Need Is Love, and everyone really wanted to believe them. In the movies, and on TV, from Hollywood to Hollyoaks, love conquers all, but no love, no matter how great, will sustain a relationship where one partner doesn't fancy the other. We all make compromises but there are some boxes our lovers have to tick and sexual attraction is one of them. You might love each other now, but if you carry on down this route, not only will you probably end up despising him, but you'll also hurt him terribly. Faking it isn't you loving him, its you not wanting to face facts. Your relationship is lopsided, you might be his lover but he's not yours, he's your soulmate/best friend. Its time to be brave. If you're honest now, in time you might find you can still become brilliant friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment