Monday, April 25, 2011

Q. I love my boyfriend but he's always grabbing at my bits. He says it's affection but I feel harassed. When I try to stop him, he laughs and does it more. He even does it in public. I try to stay out of his reach but then he sulks.

A. Affection is an expression of love - touching you against your will is sexual harassment. He's being a bully - either because he's an insensitive idiot who needs to grow up or a dangerous control freak who sees you as his plaything. What would happen if you went to grab his bits? Would he be angry or laugh and see your point? When a man uses his strength to overpower or intimidate a woman - even playfully - he's issuing a very clear message, 'I'm in charge'. Decide who you want to be in charge of you and act accordingly.


No comments:

Post a Comment