Saturday, April 16, 2011

Q. My ex used to smoke a lot of weed and his moods are very unpredictable. I'm in a new relationship now but he's got in touch saying he's off the drugs and wants me back. I still love him, what do I do?

A. Drugs, alcohol and food are all things people use to 'self-medicate' and deal with issues. The problem is that none of these deal with the underlying problems, so getting off the drugs is only the tip of the iceberg. Has he actually done anything to deal with his issues? It is understandable that you still have feelings and a lot of this is because emotionally-charged relationships can seem more exciting. But now you've made the effort to move on, invest in your new relationship instead of going back to your old one. Usually a relationship break up is called that because it was broken.




No comments:

Post a Comment