Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Q. I'm 22 and have been with my husband, who's 27, for five years. He's wonderful but I feel trapped in our marriage. I want to experience what my single friends do - living with flatmates, meeting new men.... In comparison, my relationship feels stale. When I try to tell him how I feel he says it's because I was so young when we met and it will pass. But I'm afraid our marriage is over.

A. What do you do when a room feels stale? Do you burn down the house or open a window? Yes, you committed yourself to one man at a young age and there's a price to pay for that; no flatmates to play with and no new men. And true, being young and the feelings that go with it, do pass - but the passing can leave bitterness and regrets. Before you start thinking about ending your marriage, view this relationship with a man you love as a challenge, not as a failure. Change your routine.


No comments:

Post a Comment