Saturday, April 16, 2011

Q. I've been seeing a man for a month and we're good together. We've talked about his family and his friends, yet he never got round to mentioning his girlfriend - I heard about her from a friend. Should I wait it out, confront him or back off?

A. You expect me to say 'back off' but I'm not going to. Apparently this man is interested in making you like him and not just making you another notch on his bedpost. Chances are, a man who needs to share his thoughts and history is genuinely unhappy at home. His pleasure in talking to you suggests something may have gone cold between him and his girlfriend; he's not quite on the rebound but he'd like to be. Tell him face-to-face that you've discovered he has a girlfriend. Listen calmly, watch him closely and use your head, not just your heart. Then proceed slowly.


No comments:

Post a Comment