Sunday, November 28, 2010

Q. My husband and I are in a rut and I feel like I'm the one doing all the work to try to get us out of it. I'm constantly trying to talk to him but he just shuts me out. What can I do to get him to listen?

A. When something isn't working, we try to fix it. If that doesn't work, we try again - but often use exactly the same method. And we keep on trying, doing more of the same but thinking, "This time it will work - I just need to try harder." Women nearly always attempt to solve problems by talking. And talking some more. Often, however, talk doesn't work for men. Instead, think about how he would solve the problem if the situation was reversed. He'd probably do something - take action - rather than talk. So, follow his lead. Start doing new things rather than just suggesting them and you might get somewhere!



No comments:

Post a Comment