Saturday, November 6, 2010

Q. Recently my boyfriend of two years said that although he's always loved me, he's never fancied me. I feel so hurt and my confidence is shattered. Should I just accept this, or is it wrong to stay in a relationship that feels one-sided?

A. We're used to the idea that relationships are the complete package, so it must have been a shock to hear this confession. People are together for all different sorts of reasons and there's more than one type of love. What you have to decide is whether this has permanently changed your view of the relationship and if what you have is good enough. Then have a serious chat about where you see the relationship going. Resist the temptation to try and change your looks for him though. Ultimately you have to be true to yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment