Saturday, November 6, 2010

Q. I've never had a boyfriend and all of my friends are in long-term relationships. I don't want to sound childish, but I can't help think, 'What's wrong with me?' I usually get to three dates with a man, then he stops calling. What am I doing that's putting them off?

A. If you don't tick all the boxes for someone it doesn't mean there's something wrong with you - it just means that you've both got different checklists. I know it sounds cliched, but try and get out as much as you can and focus on what makes you happy and relaxed. That way, when you meet someone you'll be at your best, and the real you can shine through. Three dates is pretty good, so you're obviously doing something right to get a second and third date. It could be that you're raising the stakes for a third date and expecting too much. On each date, focus on the present moment and don't think about the next one. It shouldn't be long before you break the three-date barrier.


No comments:

Post a Comment