Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Q. Last month my boyfriend of two years broke up with me, saying his feelings had changed. A week later he said it was a mistake and he wants to try again - at first I was ecstatic but now I feel like I'm waiting for him to dump me again. I was so secure before - how can I be again?

A. It'll take time to get that feeling back, but tell him how you feel and ask him to reassure you. He has the right to change his mind and has been honest with you, but he also needs to understand that this will make you feel anxious and unsettled. Make it clear you want the relationship to work but also remind him that if he repeats the behaviour then you won't give him another chance. You need to believe that he wants to be with you unless he indicates otherwise.


No comments:

Post a Comment