Monday, May 21, 2012

Q.   My girlfriend has had 30 lovers.  I said I'd had 20 but really I've only had eight.  She was worried I'd think less of her.  I told her that I didn't but I kind of do.  She's only 25 - three years younger than me.  Doesn't that make her a bit of a slut?


A.   If you switched those numbers around, would you worry about being judged, or would you feel proud of the notches on your bedpost?  It's a fact that women in their youth have a lot of sex they later regret, whereas men have a lot of regret about not getting more sex in their youth.  If you ask your girlfriend how many of those 30 men she feels good about, the number will probably be closer to yours.  And if you're honest about the women you've wanted to sleep with, but didn't manage to get into bed, wouldn't it be as high as hers?  Whether you think she's a 'slut' is for you to decide (if you feel you have the right) but one thing is for sure - your girlfriend has been upfront about her sexual history, which makes her honest, trusting and brave, and that's more than can be said for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment