Thursday, March 3, 2011

Q. I've been with my partner for five years but we haven't been intimate for the last two, as he's never in the mood. It's making me question whether I want to be with him. A bloke I know wants us to be sex buddies and it's tempting. What should I do?

A. Sex in relationships often dwindles to a fraction of what it was when you first met. So when everyday life gets in the way of sex, it does take a bit of commitment to keep things going. Tell him how you feel and ask how he thinks you should both deal with it. He may be suffering from depression, so consider what pressures he's under and what help he could get. However, if he's OK, it could be that you're together out of habit. A sex buddy would only cover a problem that runs deep and may end up getting very complicated. It could be time to make decisions about this relationship and look for a permanent solution that could mean going your separate ways. But start with a chat, and you can go from there.


No comments:

Post a Comment