Monday, February 28, 2011

Q. I met a bloke on a night out and both times I've seen him we've had sex. I like him but I don't want to date him. He asked me round to his and I want to hang out as friends but I don't want to sleep with him again. Is it too late now?

A. People do become friends with people they've slept with so there's no reason why you can't too. It's not as if you've told him you love him, you just got together a couple of times. If you've decided it's not what you want any more, be kind but clear. Don't start saying 'Maybe' or 'We'll see'. Don't give out mixed signals. Have a chat, tell him how you feel and what you want from the friendship. If he wanted things to go further then it will be awkward for a while so give him space. But as you've only slept with him a couple of times, chances are he'll be fine. Finally, if you've decided you just want to be friends, don't get into a situation where you're drunk and have sex for 'old time's sake'. Things will only get complicated.


No comments:

Post a Comment