Saturday, December 4, 2010

Q. My boyfriend and I have been together for two years but I still feel second best to his mates. He's just told me they've booked a lads' holiday over Christmas and New Year. Is it completely unreasonable to expect him to run these things by me first?

A. A long-term relationship is supposed to be a partnership and yes, you and your boyfriend are supposed to talk about things like holidays and special events. After two years it seems as though your boyfriend still likes the single life and spending all his time with his mates, and he expects you to fall in with his decisions. So start asking yourself if this is what you really want. Is this relationship good enough or are you just making do? Who is really holding this relationship together? You or him? If you started behaving as he did, would it last? This may be the wake up call you need to decide what you really want and not settle for second best.


No comments:

Post a Comment